Contract Attorney - Remote
- Job Name
- Contract Attorney - Remote
- Brief Description
- Remote Contract Attorney Position. No minimum experience required. Please see details below for a full description, qualifications, and application instructions.
- Job Type
- Education Level Required
- J.D. / Law Degree
- Location City
- Bellevue, WA 98006, United states
- Contact Person
- Ann Marie Soto
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- How to Apply
- To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
• A resume detailing your relevant experience
• A cover letter describing your unique interest in the position and applying your relevant experience to the requirements and qualifications of the job
• A 5-10 page writing sample (or excerpt). If the writing sample was co-authored, please identify the sections primarily drafted by you.
- Direct Link
- Click here for more info
- Job Details
About Madrona Law Group: Madrona Law Group, PLLC provides high quality legal representation to Washington cities, towns, counties, and public agencies. We are a nimble, highly responsive, and accessible firm that municipal clients across the state turn to for sophisticated advice, creative solutions, and sound judgment. Combined, our six attorneys have close to 100 years of legal experience, with the vast majority of that time devoted to serving local governments. We handle municipal legal issues of all kinds and at all levels, from advising agency staff and elected officials, to drafting legislation and legal documents, to representing agencies in administrative hearings and litigation. More information about our firm and practice areas can be found on our website at www.madronalaw.com.
Position Description: We are looking for a contract attorney to join our team and work on a variety of projects, including, but not limited to: legal research, public records review, contract drafting and review, municipal code and policy drafting, drafting and editing briefs, corresponding with clients and other parties, and drafting discovery. Hours are flexible and may vary from 10-20 hours per week, possibly more. No minimum experience required, but municipal, litigation, land use, labor/employment, and/or public records experience is a plus. Position is remote, but may require some infrequent travel, generally in the Seattle-Tacoma metro area. Compensation depends on experience.
- Must have a law degree and be admitted to the Washington State Bar Association.
- Excellent written and oral communication, research, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound, independent judgment.
- Competency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), online meeting software such as Zoom and Teams, and electronic legal research tools.
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to work on and manage numerous projects simultaneously under competing deadlines.
- Responsiveness to clients, other firm attorneys, and staff.
- Experience in municipal law, land use, public records, labor/employment, contracts, and/or litigation.
- Experience drafting legal briefs and memos.
- Experience with administrative appeals.